Thursday, October 21, 2010

Some "GOOD" Old Vandy Soup

I love me some warm soup during the cooler weather. I've got a great recipe just for those days. "Vandy's Soup" given to me by a sweet neighbor one day when I was sick. Yum, you are going to love it!!!


1 lb. hamburger / or turkey meat browned
1 yellow onion and 1 bell pepper saute' together w/ the meat

In a large pot add:

3 cans Ranch Style Pinto Beans
2 small cans chopped green chilies
2 small cans chopped black olives
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can Regular chopped tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can water or more if you'd like
Simmer all together for about 30 mins

add:
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg ranch dressing powdered mix
Simmer 20 more mins

Serve with:  Fritos, sour cream, cilantro, grated cheese

Yummmmm, you will love it!!! I made myself hungry now going to make this soup!

No comments: